Flu vaccinations are here – get yours now!!!
Help protect yourself and others this flu season – get vaccinated now!
We are pleased to announce that we have now launched our flu vaccination campaign for 2020 and are offering jabs at our Farnham Road and Chichester branches.
To book an appointment, call us on 0191 455 4551 and select your preferred branch. Alternatively, you can book via the Patient Access app.
We will be running special clinics on the following Saturday afternoons which can only be booked by calling the branch:
- 19th September at Darling’s Farnham Road
- 26th September at Darling’s Chichester
- 3rd October at Darling’s Farnham Road
- 10th October at Darling’s Chichester
All clinics will run between 1330hrs and 1600hrs
Before your appointment, please complete an online form available here for Chichester appointments and here for Farnham Road appointments. If you are unable to access these links, please call the branch and will will happily go through it with you.
Private Flu Jabs
For those not eligible for free NHS flu jabs, private vaccinations will be available from Monday 5th October at a price of £10 each. Please use the links above to book.
Please remember face coverings MUST BE WORN for your appointment.
- When to get vaccinated: You can be vaccinated at any time during the flu season (September – March). The best time to get vaccinated is September – early November.
- Course: One dose
- Boosters: The flu jab is developed to protect against current common strains of the flu every year. You can have a flu jab every year.
- How it is given: The flu jab is given as an injection in the upper arm, and protects against the most common strains of the virus.
- Side effects: The flu jab can cause side effects, such as mild flu-like symptoms, but it is an inactive vaccine so can not cause flu itself. The injection can cause redness, pain, and swelling at the injection site.
FREE NHS Flu Vaccine
Council Flu Jabs
Private Flu Jabs
The Flu Vaccine Protects Those Who Are At Risk Of Flu And Its Complications. You Might Be Eligible For A Free Flu Vaccine. Preventing Flu.
New Medication Service
New Medicine Service (NMS) If you're prescribed a medicine to treat a long-term condition for the first time, you may be able to get extra help and advice about your medicine from your Darling's pharmacy.
Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or if the contraception you have used has failed – for example, a condom has split or you have missed a pill.
You can now order your NHS repeat prescriptions online with Darling's. Ordering your NHS prescriptions online with Darling's takes the hassle out repeat prescriptions.
Medicines Use Review
MUR is a planned face-to-face consultation between a pharmacist and a patient to discuss their medicines, both prescribed and non-prescribed.
Stop Smoking Service
Your Local Darling's Pharmacy can advise you of the products available to prevent your cravings and can signpost you to your nearest stop smoking service.
Monitored Dosage Systems
At Darling's Pharmacy we offer a Monitored Dosage System that can help patients who take a lot of different medications at different times of day.
"Think Pharmacy 1st" Minor Ailments Service
The "Think Pharmacy 1st" Minor Ailments Service aims to enable more patients to access NHS treatment and advice without requiring a GP or A&E.
FREE Prescription Delivery Service
We over a prescription delivery service free of charge accross South Tyneside.
We aim to deliver your prescription to you within 24 hours of us receiving it from your GP. We also off a late afternoon service for any urgent medications such as antibiotics.
For patients who receive a Monitored Dosage System, this will be delivered on the same day of the week each time. If you have multiple deliveries in a week, we will combine these into one but only if it is safe and appropriate to do so.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 455 4551 or by emailing your nominated branch.