- When to get vaccinated: You can be vaccinated at any time during the flu season (September – March). The best time to get vaccinated is September – early November.
- Course: One dose (children under 9 years old, who have not previously been vaccinated against influenza, will require a second booster dose which can’t be earlier than 4 weeks after the first dose).
- Boosters: The flu jab is developed to protect against current common strains of the flu every year. You can have a flu jab every year.
- How it is given: The flu jab is given as an injection in the upper arm, and protects against the most common strains of the virus.
- Side effects: The flu jab can cause side effects, such as mild flu symptoms, but it is an inactive vaccine so can not cause flu itself. The injection can cause redness, pain, and swelling at the injection site.
- Children: The flu jab is suitable for children over the age of six months. For young children please call to check availability with your local pharmacy first.
FREE NHS Flu Vaccine
Council Flu Jabs
Private Flu Jabs
The Flu Vaccination Winter 2019/2020
NHS Seasonal Flu Jabs at your local pharmacy - Information for patients
The Flu Vaccine Protects Those Who Are At Risk Of Flu And Its Complications. You Might Be Eligible For A Free Flu Vaccine. Preventing Flu.
New Medication Service
New Medicine Service (NMS) If you're prescribed a medicine to treat a long-term condition for the first time, you may be able to get extra help and advice about your medicine from your Darling's pharmacy.
Emergency contraception can prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex or if the contraception you have used has failed – for example, a condom has split or you have missed a pill.
You can now order your NHS repeat prescriptions online with Darling's. Ordering your NHS prescriptions online with Darling's takes the hassle out repeat prescriptions.
Medicines Use Review
MUR is a planned face-to-face consultation between a pharmacist and a patient to discuss their medicines, both prescribed and non-prescribed.
Stop Smoking Service
Your Local Darling's Pharmacy can advise you of the products available to prevent your cravings and can signpost you to your nearest stop smoking service.
Monitored Dosage Systems
At Darling's Pharmacy we offer a Monitored Dosage System that can help patients who take a lot of different medications at different times of day.
"Think Pharmacy 1st" Minor Ailments Service
The "Think Pharmacy 1st" Minor Ailments Service aims to enable more patients to access NHS treatment and advice without requiring a GP or A&E.